Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the Society for Radiation Oncology Administrators (“SROA”) community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, SROA has established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these community rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department (firstname.lastname@example.org). In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, SROA reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- If you ask a sensitive question that calls for private replies and you want them sent directly to you, be sure to say so and to include your email address. Remember that information posted will be seen by all SROA Connect participants including possible competitors. Of importance, do not discuss questionable coding and billing practices in this public forum.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products, programs, or services that you provide (or will provide). If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Advertising or promoting services, programs, or products on SROA Connect or using the SROA Member Directory is prohibited.
- Don’t discuss sensitive anticompetitive topics, such as prices, salaries, benefits, fees, specific business transactions, or individual firms or companies.
- There must be no agreements on prices, salaries, benefits, fees, allocation of markets, or boycotting of any person or company.
- Personal or organizational surveys, interview requests, and calls for comments are NOT permitted on SROA Connect or by using the SROA Member Directory. Please contact email@example.com if you have a survey or call for comment on which you would like member opinion. These documents will be sent to the External Collaborations Working Group for consideration on appropriateness for Connect.
- Use caution when discussing products or services. The information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not defame, disparage, or criticize any person or company. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- Don’t disclose proprietary, confidential, or legally privileged information, and don’t disclose medical information protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise." Discussions should be professional and center on the community topic.
- The conversations on SROA Connect may not be reprinted in any other publication except those owned by SROA. Reproduction and redistribution is permitted only within subscribers' facilities. Information from Connect shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium without SROA’s prior written permission.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. SROA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
- Don't insult anyone.
- Don't write messages in all capital letters.
- If you use an acronym, define it the first time it appears in the text. Avoid acronyms with which others might not be familiar.
This site is provided as a service for the members of SROA. SROA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. SROA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by SROA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall SROA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants SROA and users of this site the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are prohibited: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
SROA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to SROA’s attention, SROA reserves the right to take all appropriate action.
SROA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
The Society for Radiation Oncology (“SROA”) respects the privacy of its members and other visitors to its website. Information from website visitors is collected primarily to help better serve SROA members and others. SROA uses encryption and other technology to store personal information gathered online in an attempt to provide a secure environment that is protected from unauthorized third party access, alteration, theft, or misuse.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Credit Card Account Information
SROA does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, SROA submits the information needed to secure payment to the appropriate clearinghouse.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of SROA, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.